Couple of days ago I started getting the “authorization failure” error when trying to watch a movie.
- I called Netflix and they said to call Microsoft SliverLight team
- I called Microsoft but they told me to call HP where I got the computer (they wanted to charge me for tech support.
- I didn’t call HP because I know what they are going to say
I logged in to Netflix and removed all my devices (5 of them) and then tried it but no luck. I then try it on my other 2 computers, but no luck.
- Also I tried reverting back from Windows 7 SP1 because Netflix worked at that time before the SP was installed but that didn’t work.
- Also I called a friend that never used his Netflix on WMC, I asked him to set it up and try it and it didn’t work for him (we are both on Comcast).
If I find a fix I will post it here.
UPDATE 7/5/2011 It started working again all of a sudden.
With all the tests I did I really think this was a Netflix issue even though they blamed it on MS.